You’ve probably been asked this question a lot throughout your life.
We humans have a long history of loving the stars, and, in modern times, we’ve come to associate our personalities with our zodiac (AKA astrological sign AKA sun sign). So no wonder jewelry-makers use these signs for some amazing engraved pieces.
The Twelve Traditional Zodiac Signs
Ancient Babylonians were the first to practice astrology around 2000 BC. So...a long time ago.
From there, society developed intricate meanings associated with each sign. Every sign is associated with a constellation, a range of dates, an animal, and planets. Heck, you’ll even find that your “sign” is related to everything on Earth (depending on how far down the rabbit hole you wanna go)!
What is My Sign Based on My Birthday?
The first step to figuring out your sign is taking your birthday and matching it with your sun sign (or main sign). It doesn’t matter what year you were born, just the calendar day.
Here’s the list:
- Aries babies are born between March 21 and April 19.
- Taurus babies came into the world between April 20 and May 20.
- Geminis join humanity between May 21 and June 20.
- Cancers are born between June 21 and July 22.
- Leo lions roar into life between July 23 and August 22.
- Virgos first open their eyes between August 23 and September 22.
- Libras join reality between September 23 and October 22.
- Scorpio peeps were born between October 23 and November 21.
- Sagittarius babies breathe their first breath between November 22 and December 21.
- Capricorns spend their first day on Earth between December 22 and January 19.
- Aquarius kids are born between January 20 and February 18.
- Pisces peeps roared into reality between February 19 and March 20.
What Am I?: A Guide to Zodiac Symbols and Personalities
Get this: your zodiac sign exists because astronomers located constellations across our night sky that formed patterns. These patterns were an easy way to track the stars.
It so happens, too, that these constellations are shaped like animals and other meaningful shapes. Actually, the word “zodiac” stems from a Greek word that literally means “circle of animals.”
Pisces, Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, and Leo are the northern zodiac constellations and can be located in the eastern celestial hemisphere. The rest, Virgo, Libra, Scorpius, Sagittarius, Capricornus, and Aquarius, are located in the western celestial hemisphere since they’re southern zodiac constellations.
What’s cool is once you know your zodiac symbol, you begin to notice similarities between you and your special representation.
What symbol are you? And what strengths does your sign possess?
- Aries - the Ram - courageous and passionate
- Taurus - the Bull - reliable and stable
- Gemini - the Twins - curious and adaptable
- Cancer - the Crab - emotional and tenacious
- Leo - the Lion - creative and generous
- Virgo - the Maiden - loyal and hardworking
- Libra - the Scales - social and gracious
- Scorpio - the Scorpion - stubborn and resourceful
- Sagittarius - the Centaur (or Archer) - generous and likes to laugh
- Capricorn - the Goat - responsible and disciplined
- Aquarius - the Water-Bearer - original and independent
- Pisces - the Two Fish - wise and artistic
To go one step further, your signs also represent one of the four main elements and seasons. Geminis, Libras, and Aquariuses are all air signs that represent springtime. The fire element (or summer time) is represented by Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius. If you are an earth sign, you are a Taurus, a Virgo, or a Capricorn and your season is the fall. Winter is the season symbolic of Cancers, Scorpios, and Pisces’, and these three zodiac signs are water signs.
Now take your symbol and find some awesome zodiac jewelry!
Zodiac Sign Chart